Ghiradelli Chocolate is known throughout the world for its rich, premium chocolate made in San Francisco. San Francisco has always had a special place in our hearts ! The success story of Ghirardelli Chocolate is an interesting story originating from South American & European roots.
In May of 1851 a major fire destroyed 1,500 buildings including his businesses. He begins to rebuild immediately starting with a coffee house then in 1852, he forms a new confectionery company that becomes the Ghirardelli Chocolate Company. By 1866 they were importing over 1000 lbs annually.
Some of the best cocao beans in the world are grown in the rich fertile soils of Ecuador.
- Selection of the best quality & flavour cocoa beans
- Deep roasting process of the nibs
- Milling and pressing the butter and liquor from the roasted nibs
- Proprietary mixing & refining
- Developing the flavour through paddles agitating the chocolate known as " conching"
- Cooling and placing in molds
The sophisticated arts & music scene with theater, ballet, opera, will awaken your senses.